Aloha Guests and Travel Partners:
1. SMART AND SAFE CLEANING PROCEDURES. As tourism and activities re-open and visitors return to Maui, we will be following county and state requirements, which keep changing on a monthly basis, and federal social distancing guidelines. We are using high-tech atomizing sprayers (like American Airlines) to disinfect all check-in booths, seating areas and vessel surfaces before and after each cruise, and we have hand sanitizing stations set up and extra masks and nitrile gloves for our passengers if desired. As of 9/15/21 we are going back to using digital thermometers to check the temperature of all crew and pre-boarding passengers.
2. CHANGING COUNTY RESTRICTIONS FOR BOATING COMPANIES. Good News. Effective Saturday, October 16, 2021, we are back to 100% passenger capacity for our vessels. The prior ill-advised restriction to 50% capacity adopted in mid-September has now been reversed and eliminated. Common sense has prevailed for our safe outdoor boating excursions. Fortunately, our tourists and passengers are arriving on Maui with pre-arrival negative Covid tests and a vast majority are fully vaccinated, and the local Maui population is now approximately 65% or more vaccinated. Our passengers are healthy and safe. Nevertheless, we are being conservative and following certain Maui County and State guidelines including requiring face masks or coverings for employees and passengers in the boarding area and during boarding and while leaving the harbor which may be removed once outside the harbor in the open air on our cruise. Also, we are using digital thermometers to check the temperate of all crew and pre-boarding passengers. Certain food service restrictions will still apply.
We are doing everything to keep our passengers and employees safe. Please respect our practices during these transitional stages. We will be conservative as the CDC, State of Hawaii, and Maui County each loosen and change their operating restrictions, which sometimes conflict with one another. We all must be patient to return to the “New Normal”. Good luck to all of us!!! Mahalo!!!
3. SCOTCH MIST SCHEDULE. Scotch Mist Sailing Charters is operating its 4 hour Morning Snorkel Sail (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) and its mid-day 11:30 am and 2:00 pm Adventure Sails and 4:30 pm Champagne Sunset Sail (Monday through Friday) and private charters are always available. Scotch Mist carries only 22 passengers which is a virtual private charter for families and small groups. Call or check our website www.scotchmistsailingcharters.com for available dates and times. We can be reached by phone at (808) 661-0386 or by email at email@example.com.
4. MAC SCHEDULE. Maui Adventure Cruises is operating its 7:30 am Lanai Dolphin and Snorkel Adventure 4.5 hour excursion every day of the week. The island of Lanai is still shut down a few more weeks; and, therefore, our Lanai Landing Adventure is temporarily suspended until restrictions are lifted. More Good News – we have introduced a new 3-hour afternoon Coastline Snorkel & Raft Adventure on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, which excursion is a tremendous value for family and guests. Our Explorer Super Rafts will carry only 36 passengers for a casual and small group experience. Call or check our website www.mauiadventurecruises.com for available dates and times. You can reach us by phone at (808) 661-5550 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. RESERVATIONS. Our Reservations Department is available daily from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm HST to answer calls for future reservations. No cancellation fees or change charges will apply for any reservation for an activity excursion through November 30, 2021 for maximum flexibility for our guests and activity company booking partners.
6. MAUI IS RE-OPENING. With everyone’s sensible efforts over the next few months, travel and tourism on Maui will return to a “New Normal”; so in the interim, please be both SAFE and SMART. Take Care All!!!
Mahalo Nui Loa,
SCOTCH MIST SAILING CHARTERS and
MAUI ADVENTURE CRUISES
Maui Sailing Charters
Scotch Mist Sailing Charters is the premier sailing charter company on Maui. Enjoy stunning scenic views as you glide silently along the sparkling blue waters
We are located in Lahaina Harbor, Front Row Slip 2 on the beautiful island of Maui, Hawaii’s second largest island. The weather on Maui is mild year-round and our gentle trade winds make Maui an unbeatable sailing destination. There is nothing like gliding quickly and silently across the ocean – guided by nature’s wind and enjoying her beauty and wonder.
The Scotch Mist is a fun and fast yacht, built in 1982 for racing by famed builder Bill Lee in Santa Cruz, California. In fact, she is the fastest production line sailboat of her size in the world, having won “first in class” in the prestigious Victoria-to-Maui Yacht race, besting her competition by over 24 hours. The speed of this awesome sailing vessel is truly exhilarating! And the serenity of your surroundings will leave you feeling completely relaxed and at ease. Enjoy one of our complimentary beverages local beer, white wine, soda, juices and even champagne on the Sunset Sail, and let us do all the work!
Maui has a rich marine ecosystem and sightings of Spinner and Bottlenose dolphins, sea turtles, and humpback whales (in season) are common sights along Maui’s West Coast. Our snorkeling and whale watching (seasonal) sails will put you right into the action. The natural beauty of the West Maui Mountains and glittering white sand beaches are a perfect backdrop to some of the most stunning sunsets in the world.
Whichever sailing charter you choose, rest assured it will be a trip to remember. So leave all your worries behind and come for a sail with Scotch Mist Sailing Charters-Maui’s choice for fun sailing!
This was a fun adventure for the whole family! We took our kids (all early 20s) on their first sailboat experience and they loved it. The weather was perfect and we saw a lot of whales up close. Alex was the perfect host and I don’t think anyone had an empty glass of champagne or beer.
Perfect sunset sail on the Scotch Mist
Exactly the sunset sail we were looking for – about 15 people aboard a 50ft sailboat certified for 22 – unlimited drinks (champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks), super knowledgeable and friendly crew (mahalo, captain Marty and mate Alex!), ACTUAL sailing (!!), and a beautiful Maui sunset. It was a bit too late in the season to see any whales, but the trip was still so much fun it didn’t matter. I’ve also done a sunset sail on one of the larger catamarans in Maui, and I recommend the Scotch Mist over that if you want a more intimate, real sailing experience. Enjoy!
If you love to sail, this is the whale watch for you. Skipper Marty and First Mate Alex set the sails as soon as you leave the port of Lahaina. Most whale watching “sails” on the big catamarans are really “motors,” not sails. We love Scotch Mist and usually go out 2-3 times every winter when we are on Maui. Oh, by the way, we also see whales and dolphins.
We enjoyed another lovely afternoon sail today aboard the Scotch Mist which we have sailed on many times before on visits to Maui. Conditions were ideal today and it was glorious looking over at the west Maui mountains while scooting along on a nice breeze under the very competent watch of Captain Marty and first mate Alex. These guys know their stuff and got us safely nearby a mother and baby whale which was quite a thrill today to say the least. An afternoon sail on the Scotch Mist is always a highlight of our annual trips Maui!